16/09/2013

Day 3: Graphics

At the beginning of day 3 of the graphics rotation, I watched a fifthteen minute presentation about radical graphics and a few graphic designers explaining what it is and where it's used in the media, I thought it was interesting by the way some graphic designers applied radical graphics in problems we face in today's society and manipulate well known people and brands into other perspective.

Today I will be making a personal presentation of myself in the future, it links to the ten aspirations and dreams from the first week of the course, first I sketched out some ideas to have a range of ideas to choose from and use different medias from this week.


Here is my initial ideas on my sketchbook, I decided to go with the idea of a folded paper to 'reveal' my future like a story. I plan to have cut out of a portrait of me and my eyes on the cover and inside will be my name and typography of ideas, quotes and things I want to be/do in the future.
I decided to cut out my name in thick font using a scalpel and a safety mat to achieve a clean cut out look, it was fairly easy to do because I have done this before. I wanted to put my name in the middle of my book as it's an identity I will always have and never forget, the bold font represents me being bold in my personality as time goes by.

 This is the invert cut out of my name

After cutting out my name I glued blue paper behind it creating a background and scribbled on it with dark blue felt tip to add depth and texture to the typography.

For the cover of my book I chose to take photographs of my eyes and resized it into an A4 paper, eyes capture and sees many things in life and tell a story with some manipulation and choosing with to share with peers. Eyes is important when showing emotions and show some inner thoughts with someone hence why I chosen eyes as a focus.


Here is a photograph of me taken by a friend, I wanted to use this particular image because it is an ambigious expression in my opinion, so it can be interpret in many different ways, since I don't know how my future will look like so I shouldn't be so happy / sad but prepared for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment