29/03/2014

fmp week 1

{24/03/14 - 28/03/14}

Day 1: For my first week of my final major project I decided to outline what I need to look at during seven weeks I have, I wanted to ensure that I covered the basics of my research of things in relation with skin and skin care and aspects of branding, such as logo, name, imagery etc. Having everything listed on my first page will help me give an idea of how much time I have to use to research and start to have ideas and develop.

For my final major project I want to look at natural ingredients and so I research on common ingredients everyone has at home and looking at the benefits when applied on the skin. I mainly used the internet to gather all the information and I arranged it in small simple bullet points so it's easy to understand. Olive oil, milk, honey, aloe vera, rice and lemon has amazing benefits to all skin types and I found out combining some of these ingredients is very good to enhance the skin. I really like this research because it isn't difficult to obtain as it's cheap and can be find at home, but also it good to know what exactly is applied to the skin which guarantees it is all-natural.

I wanted to look at the history of skin care and how it has been evolved and influenced today's modern skin care, and I researched on different countries because each country is exposed to different food sources so I was hoping to gather a range of ingredients.

Egypt: Herbs and oils for skin purposes (with the help of pumice stone and henna) // Oil helped protect the skin from the sun // Whipped ostrich eggs, olive oil and resin mixed with milk was a treatment for dry skin.

Greece and Rome: Oil and sand to protect sun damage (using the oil as a base as the sand lowers body temperature) // Olive oil helps prevent and removes sketch marks // Olive extract to treat acne.

Ayuredic (India): Aloe vera // Almond // Ground almond and walnut shell // Witch hazel // Avocado // Carrot // Cutch tree // Clay // Cocoa // Coconut oil // Cucumber // Emu oil // Ginseng // Grape seed oil // Horse chestnut // Honey.

China: Almond oil and honey // Pearl powder to whiten the skin // Egg whites and powdered vermillion inside a shell and sealed the hole with wax and then placed inside a hen's womb // Milk baths // Rice powder // Henna // Mint leaves.

Elizabethan (England): Egg whites // Mercury // Urine, rain water, donkey's milk and red wine for cleansing skin // White lead and vinegar for foundation // Rose water, lemon juice and honey.

Japan: Sea salt and whipped cream used as a scrub // Rice bran flour with milk or yogurt used as a mask // Rice flour // Mashed persimmon with honey and egg yolk used as a mask // Green tea, oats, avocado, lemon juice used as a mask.


Day 2: I wanted to analyse my own skin care and looked at what each product is and it's purpose, personally I use seven products on the daily basis to treat my oil and blemish skin. These products is from different brands however most all follow the colour scheme of hues of blue and green, also the majority of the packaging is very similar. I now know why design of the package is very similiar because it is easy to squeeze out the product and also it's very generic and therefore easy to manufacteur. It is not hard to why blue and green is chosen as it associate with natural and fresh.
The size of the packaging is the size of my hand which can be good when travelling or sleeping over someone's house, there is some with screw lids and flip lids.


Day 3: I wanted to look at the idea of infographics because it suppress a huge amount of information into one place and also uses text and some illustrations to look more fun and stylish. I thought this can be the media to use to let people know about my concept and product. I have never done an infographics before so I wanted to challenge myself in this project, but for research I searched for skin care infographics on the interest and selected a few. Although all share the same elongaged shape, I wanted to compare each infographic in terms of colour, layout and style.




No comments:

Post a Comment