15/03/2014

fmp research 2

{15/03/14}

THE NATIONAL HISTORY MUSEUM
The Nation History Museum is next door to the Science Museum and so I wanted to see if there was anything I could use for my research, I didn't expect much because it is focused on animals but regardless I made sure I came out with some useful information. 

As I wandered inside I spotted a section explaining mining for minerals in Portugal, I thought of how many skin care claim to have minerials inside and so it was interesting to read about it in its natural form, I learnt that minerals is sort of a luxury base on how hard it is to obtain. In the museum I was able to look at diagrams showing the layers of earth and examples of real minerals.

During my visit I came across a line of eggs from different species of birds, from my research beforehand I knew how Ancient Egyptians used ostrich eggs to apply on their faces and so this is the closest I can come near one. The size of the egg surprised me compared to chicken eggs I see nowadays, however from my knowledge, eggs in general is very good for the skin as it has many good benefits.


In the museum there have many sections to explre from and I discovered a room view of minerals in glass displays, it had minerals like sulphur which I read that the Victorians used it to lighten their skin to seem superior however it was harmful to the skin. I was intrigued to see these minerals in its natural form and having different forms of colour and shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment