10/01/2014

wayfinding and mapping

{06/01/14 - 10/01/14}


The wayfinding and mapping project was personally a difficult task to do, since perhaps I didn't know the meaning of wayfinding and it was difficult for me to approach mapping in a way it was new and out of box. To expand my knowledge of existing works I researched some artists using maps into their work.


To have some information that I can use for this project, I did a photographic survey of my bus journey from Ravensbourne to home. The images is unclear and very similar however it does record the journey, from this I can now look at different aspects such as each bus stops, duration, sightings, mood, type of travel etc.



For this project I printscreen the bus route from my house to Ravensbourne, it will be a solid structure to work with, also with each bus stop I used Google Maps to capture the sightings to represent what I see everyday. I drawn the route onto my sketchbook and pinpointed the sightings to the corresponding place.
With the rough sketch I am able to make it my style and re-created with coloured fineliners, I thought it was easy to do because I am comfortable using this media and it shows a delicate and soft style, however since I can't change the text and sizing of everything I decided to scan it in and further develop from there.

Here is the stages of development; -








No comments:

Post a Comment